You can make the difference! Help us provide 300,000 pounds of food per week to the families in our community who need it the most.
Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays we sort food for our 200+ agencies.
Thursdays, we have an assembly line to prep for the kids’ backpack buddy bag program and our Friday co-op.
Fridays, we have approximately 300 families come through our warehouse and receive food through our Help Yourself co-op and donated items from local grocery stores.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- CLOSED TOED shoes required in the warehouse (sneakers are ideal).
- This is a warehouse environment. During the summer, it can be warm and in the winter, it can be cool; layered clothing is recommended. Cold, bottled water is provided.
- Clothing should be comfortable and family-friendly (T-shirts and jeans are ideal)
- Volunteers will be standing, lifting and bending throughout their shift; lifting requirements for some tasks may be up to 40 lbs., though generally lighter.
- Volunteers need to sign in and out at the start and end of their shifts.
- NEW VOLUNTEERS: Training begins at 8 AM and takes about 15 minutes. As a courtesy to volunteer trainers, please arrive a few minutes early for your shift so that training can begin promptly.
Volunteers 12-15 years of age must be accompanied by an adult. Volunteers 16 and 17 years of age may volunteer independently but must have a parent or legal…