September is Hunger Action Month! Join United Food Bank, Feeding America, AAFB and advocates from around the country to take action raising awareness and fighting hunger! Here is what you can do to help us raise awareness this month:
- Feeding America has launched their Hunger Action Month site filled with ideas, including quick links to send advocacy messages to your elected representatives.
- Join us in Taking a Pledge to End Hunger!
- Ready for #HungerActionMonth? Help us raise awareness about hunger by posting your “Paper Plate Picture!” Grab a paper plate and let us know what you can’t do on an empty stomach (ex. “keep up with my kids,” “get my college degree”) We want to see them – share them with us on Facebook and Twitter.
- Hunger Action Month is the perfect reason to order your official Arizona Hunger Relief specialty license plate! They are a great way to promote the hunger cause! $17 of the $25 fee benefits AAFB and our member food banks that collectively serve all 15 Arizona counties.
- Make a Secure Donation to United Food Bank to support our work to fight hunger throughout the East Valley and Eastern Arizona.
3TV has once again joined forces with Albertsons, Bashas’, Food City and Safeway to battle child hunger in Arizona. One in four Arizona children struggles with food insecurity, not always knowing where their next meal will come from. These children are at greater risk for illness and obesity, and tend to have higher levels of behavioral, emotional and academic struggles at school.
Join the fight by donating at the register or purchasing a pre-packaged bag of food at any Albertsons, Bashas’, Food City and Safeway location statewide from September 2 to 30. It’s a perfect activity for Hunger Action Month! Your contribution benefits United Food Bank and a host of other Arizona organizations dedicated to fighting child hunger!