Our Friday Food Distribution is for those in our communities on fixed incomes or with limited resources. Held on most Fridays from 8 a.m. to noon.
Our Friday Food Distributions have temporarily moved to the Mesa Convention Center.
We are now offering a drive-thru style food distribution on Fridays, 8 a.m. to noon, at the Mesa Convention Center, 263 N. Center St.
Currently, all food is available at no charge. If you or someone you know needs food support, this resource is available. Please note, this is for those with an immediate need for food assistance.
- NEW: Enter from University heading east, and turn right at Centennial Way. Review the map and pay attention to volunteers directing traffic.
- Remember to empty out your trunks prior to arriving so we can safely and quickly load your food.
- For those without a motor vehicle, we will have a new check-in area outside the convention center, marked on the map in blue.
- If you are feeling any cold or flu symptoms, especially cough, fever or shortness of breath, please stay home and seek medical treatment.
Sign up below for weekly email notifications regarding our Friday Food Distributions and Help Yourself Co-op Program.
Frequently Asked Questions
When is United Food Bank distributing food boxes?
- Our food distributions are currently every Friday from 8 a.m. to noon.
Where is it located?
- We have temporarily moved to the Mesa Convention Center, at 263 N Center St.
- This is a drive-thru style distribution. You will stay in your car while our staff and volunteers check you in and load food into your vehicle.
How long will it take for me to get food?
- Last week, most clients reported waiting about 90 minutes to receive food.
What food will I receive?
- Each distribution includes a variety of frozen meats, fresh produce and non-perishable food items from the USDA.
I missed getting food this week. How can I get food?
- For more options near you, use the Food Finder at AZFoodBanks.org.
- Please call food providers to confirm hours and info.
What if I don’t have a car?
- We will have a check in area for those without a motor-vehicle outside the Mesa Convention Center. Our staff and volunteers can help you get food there.
What information/documents do you need from me?
- We will need your name, address, birthdate and the number of people in your household.
- An ID or current utility bill may be helpful but is not required.
Who qualifies to receive food?
- This food is for those in need of food assistance, including those who have lost jobs, the elderly and disabled and others on fixed-incomes.
Can someone pick up food for me if I’m not feeling well?
- We will need you to complete a Proxy Form in order for someone else to pick up for you. Please call us at 480-926-4897 and ask for Proxy Form information.
How are you preventing the spread of COVID-19?
- We have moved to a drive-thru style distribution, so you won’t have to get out of your vehicle.
- We are practicing social distancing and our staff and volunteers are washing their hands, checking their temperatures, and must wear gloves when handling food and loading food into vehicles.