Our Food Distributions are for those in our communities on fixed incomes or with limited resources.
Our food distributions have temporarily moved to the Mesa Convention Center.
Upcoming Food Distributions
- Wednesday, June 24, 2 – 6 p.m
- Friday, June 26, 7 – 11 a.m.
- Wednesday, July 1, 12 – 6 p.m.
- Fridays starting July 10, 7 a.m. – 12 p.m.
These food distributions from the United Food Bank and the City of Mesa are open to all individuals and families in need of food assistance:
- No need to arrive early. Everyone who comes will receive the same food assistance.
- Drive-thru service. A volunteer will place food in your trunk or vehicle. (Walk-up service is available for those without vehicles.)
- Each household may pick-up food once per week. A variety of frozen meats, fresh produce and non-perishable food items will be available.
- If you are feeling any cold or flu symptoms, please stay home and seek medical treatment.
For more information please call United Food Bank at (480) 926-4897.
Sign up below for weekly email notifications regarding our Friday Food Distributions and Help Yourself Co-op Program.
Frequently Asked Questions
When is United Food Bank distributing food boxes?
- Please see our upcoming food distributions above.
- We also provide food to over 220 food pantries and agencies in the East Valley and eastern Arizona. Find other food options near you at AZFoodBanks.org.
Where is it located?
- Our food distributions have temporarily moved to the Mesa Convention Center, at 263 N Center St.
- This is a drive-thru style distribution. You will stay in your car while staff and volunteers check you in and load food into your vehicle.
How long will it take for me to get food?
- With our new expanded hours, we expect wait times to be minimal.
What food will I receive?
- Each distribution includes a variety of frozen meats, fresh produce and non-perishable food items from the USDA.
I missed getting food this week. How can I get food?
- For more options near you, use the Food Finder at AZFoodBanks.org.
- Please call food providers to confirm hours and info.
What if I don’t have a car?
- Walk-up service will also be available outside the Mesa Convention Center.
What information/documents do you need from me?
- We will need your name, address, birthdate and the number of people in your household.
- An ID or current utility bill may be helpful but is not required.
Who qualifies to receive food?
- This food is open to any individuals and families in need of food assistance, including those who have lost jobs, the elderly and disabled and others on fixed-incomes.
Can someone pick up food for me?
- We will need you to complete a Proxy Form in order for someone else to pick up for you. Please call us at 480-926-4897 and ask for Proxy Form information.
How are you preventing the spread of COVID-19?
- We have moved to a drive-thru style distribution, so you won’t have to get out of your vehicle.
- We are practicing social distancing and our staff and volunteers are washing their hands, checking their temperatures, and must wear gloves when handling food and loading food into vehicles.