You can increase the number of families you feed by hundreds or even thousands by hosting your own fundraiser or fundraising event!
Food Bank Limitations:
- The Food Bank does not share or sell its internal list of donors or supporters, nor do we solicit these contacts specifically for third-party promotions (including ticket sales, etc.).
- Due to the volume of events and promotions, the Food Bank cannot guarantee that a Food Bank representative will be available to attend events associated with your event/promotion, but we will do our best to have a representative present.
- Sponsoring organizations who donate food to the Food Bank will receive an in-kind contribution statement with the number of pounds collected/donated. Financial receipts with tax language and estimated values will not be provided for food donations.
- Sponsoring organizations that collect financial contributions to purchase food for the Food Bank will receive an in-kind contribution statement with the number of pounds collected/donated. Financial receipts with tax language and estimated values will not be provided to individual donors.
Are you a Business, Organization or Community Group who would like to host a fundraising event benefitting United Food Bank?
We’d love to hear from you and help you promote it! Contact Melissa Forrester, Development Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org / 480-306-9509 and let us know your plan!
The Food Bank is frequently approached by prospective donors – individuals, organizations, and corporations – that wish to partner with the Food Bank to promote an event to generate financial and/or food contributions. We welcome these intentions with deep gratitude. However, to protect both the donating parties and the Food Bank, the following guidelines must be followed. We ask that our prospective donors read and understand these guidelines, prior to registering your promotion, by completing the application below.
Businesses, individuals and groups interested in partnering with the Food Bank for promotions or special events are required to submit registration documents for approval. Please read through the following third party events/promotions guidelines prior to submitting your application. Once your application has been approved, we will contact you.
Registration Deadlines: Once we receive the registration form, please allow 7 – 10 days for review and contact from a Food Bank representative. Please note: a minimum 60-day advance is recommended for proper planning and coordination.
Please take a moment to review the guidelines for hosting a Food Bank Event/Promotion.
How the Food Bank can help with your approved promotional activities:
- List your event/promotion on the Food Bank’s website (Calendar of Events).
- Provide standard promotional materials, including flyers and thank you letter inserts.
- Provide food collection boxes or barrels. Due to staff time required to deliver and pick-up boxes/barrels, donors are asked to commit to filling each barrel with at least 100 pounds of food.
- Provide thank you letters for donors who make either credit card or cash/check donations (both must be accompanied by the donors’ names and addresses) or donate online through the Food Bank’s website or Virtual Food Drive. All checks should be made payable to “United Food Bank”.