If you are interested in joining our team and helping improve the lives of the thousands of hungry people we serve every day across the East Valley and eastern Arizona, check out the opportunities we have below. We are looking for dynamic employees to join our team and help us accomplish our mission.
Job Title: Driver/CDLClass A
Reports To: Director of Operations
FLSA Status: Hourly – $15.00 to $16.00
Completion of daily duties and successful public relations with the use of a company vehicle and by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to, the following. Other duties may be assigned by the Director of Operations, Warehouse & Transportation Manager, Chief Operations Officer and/or President & CEO.
- Load truck and deliver food to partner agencies in the UFB service area
- Pick up grocery rescue on assigned route and deliver to UFB warehouse, unload, sort and receipt
- Pick up assigned food drives at locations throughout the Maricopa County area
- Ability to maneuver, with the assistance of pallet jacks, pallets of product within the confines of a box truck weighing up to 800 pounds
- Ability to lift and stack boxes of food, lift and set up gaylord storage units, lift and stack wooden pallets, (50 lbs)
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Current fork lift certification or ability to obtain.
- Practice safe food handling procedures at all times.
- Practice safe driving procedures at all times.
- Obey all traffic laws at all times.
- Conduct vehicle safety checks as required
- Maintain good public relations with all contacts.
- Maintain DOT log books for transportation.
- Help coworkers of different job titles whenever possible
- Take full responsibilityof product during transportation.
- Arizona Food Handlers Card
- Current ADOT long form physical
- Valid Arizona Class A Drivers License
- Excellent verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with people of diverse backgrounds, and socio-economic levels.
- Exhibits qualities of maturity, good judgment and tact.
- Ability to effectively analyze and resolve routine and complex problems.
- At least three years of Commercial Driving, familiarity with Arizona terrain.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Values Focused – emphasizes organizational values in their work activities and inspires co-workers to follow their lead.
- Analytical – synthesizes complex and/or diverse information.
- Problem Solving – makes timely and sound decisions based on logical presumptions that reflect factual information; prioritizes work tasks, goals and objectives; considers confidentiality of information before sharing with others.
- Oral Communication – speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrates group presentation skills and conducts meetings.
- Planning/Organizing – prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Safety and Security – actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.
- Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Develops realistic action plans.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
Interested candidates should send resume and letter of interest to Daniel Kaminski, Director of Operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org