Your source United Food Bank news, photos, info, and more.
United Food has been providing hunger relief to people in need in the East Valley and eastern Arizona for more than 35 years. As a Feeding America member food bank, we collect, acquire, store and distribute food and related commodities to more than 220 partner agencies, serving over 228,000 people in five counties. In 2019, United Food Bank distributed almost 24 million pounds of food providing nearly 19.5 million meals to our neighbors in need. In response to the economic impact of COVID-19, the food bank projects it will distribute nearly 29 million pounds of food (24 million meals) this year. Visit us at UnitedFoodBank.org. Follow us on Twitter @unitedfoodbank.
Social Media Links
Follow United Food Bank for all our latest news!
- Due to the economic impact of COVID 19, we expect to distribute nearly 29 million pounds of food (or 24 million meals) this year.
- In 2019, United Food Bank distributed almost 24 million pounds (19.5 million meals) to our neighbors in need.
- We provide about 75,000 meals daily through our partner agencies and food banks, food distributions and programs.
2020 Hunger Stats
- Nearly 1 in 5 Arizonans are expected to face hunger this year; and nearly 1 in 3 Arizona children.
- Arizonan’s 2020 projected food insecurity rate is 18.5%.
- 28.7% of children in Arizona are projected to experience food insecurity in 2020, compared to 19% in 2018.
- Maricopa County is the fourth highest in the nation for the projected number of food-insecure people: 738,870.
- Projected food insecurity rates by county:
- Apache (27.7%); Navajo (26.2%); Gila (23.9%); Pinal (18.3%); and Maricopa (17.4%)
2018 Hunger Stats
United Food Bank serves people in need of food assistance within eastern Maricopa, Gila and Pinal, and southern Navajo and Apache counties.