Your source United Food Bank news, photos, info, and more.
Social Media Links
Follow United Food Bank for all our latest news!
United Food Bank has provided hunger relief to people in the East Valley and eastern Arizona since 1983. As a Feeding America member food bank, we collect, acquire, store, and distribute food to about 165 partner agencies and programs, serving over 345,000 households annually in five counties. In 2020, due to COVID-19, United Food Bank distributed more than 27 million pounds of food, providing 22.5 million meals, a 20 percent increase over our distribution in 2019. Visit us at UnitedFoodBank.org to learn more about us and to donate. Follow us on Twitter @unitedfoodbank.
- In 2020 we distributed over 27 million pounds of food (or 22.5 million meals)
- In 2019, United Food Bank distributed almost 24 million pounds (19.5 million meals) to our neighbors in need.
- We provide about 75,000 meals daily through our partner agencies and food banks, food distributions and programs.
2020 Hunger Stats
- Due to COVID-19, about 1 in 5 Arizonans and 1 in 3 Arizona children were impacted by food insecurity
Arizonan’s 2020 projected food insecurity rate was 18.5%.
- 28.7% of children in Arizona are estimated to have experience food insecurity in 2020, compared to 19% in 2018.
- Maricopa County is the fourth highest in the nation for the projected number of food-insecure people: 738,870.
- Projected food insecurity rates by county:
- Apache (27.7%); Navajo (26.2%); Gila (23.9%); Pinal (18.3%); and Maricopa (17.4%)
United Food Bank serves people in need of food assistance within eastern Maricopa, Gila and Pinal, and southern Navajo and Apache counties.